Friday, September 4, 2009

Genie in a Bottle...


...of Beaujolais.

This is a guest post from our Friday guest blogger, Marina, from Le Petit Cafe, in Bloomington, In.

One of my favorite ramblings after, let’s say, a frustrating shift is to imagine a little Genie appearing out of my bottle of wine. There is always a bottle of wine after a frustrating shift and today it happened to be a Beaujolais.

-Mistress, the Genie cried, you have freed me and I will grant you one wish: you can make one change in the American legislation!

I can imagine your surprise: what kind of wish is that? Maybe you do not know Beaujolais does not age for very long therefore there is no reason the Genie should be excessively grateful.

My first thought went to Universal Healthcare but I then realized this issue will probably end up being solved by this wonderful new President we have. I might as well ask for something that has NO chance to ever happen, right?

Every American citizen from age 18 to 25 (I gave some thought to the particulars too) should accomplish a 6 month mandatory service as a waiter in a restaurant!

Try to imagine how much more considerate, patient, tolerant and generous our society would be! This new well-being would of course trickle down on many sensitive issues: for instance, being happier, we would be healthier; being loved and respected by other nations, there might be fewer conflicts in the world. A perfect plan.

Sometimes I just do not know what I am doing here, rambling in my kitchen, instead of being out there helping solve some major crisis. If you happen to know anyone who works for the Government, forward this idea to that person please…


No comments:

Post a Comment