Thursday, February 25, 2010

Double Dip: The Daily Walk

I've been walking the sea of housing "communities" where I am house/pet-sitting for a friend here in NC.  One community spills into another and so on. Some days I take the little dog, E, and some days I go alone.  I am amazed that even in a subdivision, one can commune with nature.  I guess nature finds her way into all life's nooks and crannies in some form or another.

Here's what I've noticed in the last days:

1. Hawks soaring above the pines
2. Redbud trees with their first tight pink blossoms
3. Spring-like Birdsong (even though it snowed this a.m.)
4. A few dandelions in the grass
5. The splash of color a Cardinal provides in the grey of winter as it flies by
6. The shock of red berries on leafless bushes

No comments:

Post a Comment